Limited Income NET (LINET)
LINET is a Medicare program (administered by Humana), that provides immediate prescription coverage for Medicare beneficiaries who qualify for “Extra Help” and have no prescription drug coverage. Enrollment in LINET is temporary, usually for 1 to 2 months providing you the opportunity to choose your own plan. LINET also provides reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses during eligible periods. The benefits of the program include:
How do I apply?
- Immediate, temporary (1-2 months) prescription coverage
- No premiums
- Co-Pays: Based on “Extra Help” level
- Covers all Medicare Part D approved medications
- Use any pharmacy in good standing
- Standard Part D safety edits and restrictions apply
- Retroactive reimbursement available for out-of-pocket expenses during eligible periods
Most beneficiaries are auto enrolled into the LINET program by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Be on the lookout for important communications from (CMS) and LINET.
If you have not received communication from LINET and need a prescription filled:
If you have already paid out of pocket for prescriptions during LINET eligible periods, you can submit your receipts for reimbursement.
- Take your prescription and Medicare ID card to your pharmacy
- Ask your pharmacist to submit your claim to LINET using BIN: 015599 and PCN: 05440000.
- If you have questions or your pharmacist needs assistance call the helpdesk at (800) 783-1307
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I contact?
Toll-Free: (800) 783-1307